Monday, November 22, 2010

WHEN DEATH COMES KNOCKING

Life is the journey of a slow death for most of us. Sometimes death comes knocking early, sometimes death doesn't even knock, it just comes in and takes you. Other times it let's you be for a long time but eventually it comes to take you away from the world you know and the ones you love most. It comes to take us all.

My death warreat came a couple of weeks ago from my doctors...you have cancer Max. Like any death warrant, some are excecuted on the spot, some are not executed for years. Their are always appeals, sometimes long drawn out painful appeals were we languish in a limbo full of dangers.

I can't say I was shocked, death has been after me for a long time. Like all of us it sits on our shoulder just waiting for the right moment when we are not fully attententive of our whereabouts. After all our state of being is a constant puzzle. Where are we? Why? Who am I? What is my purpose? Nobody has the answer. Yet most of us are addicted to life. Oh, we have a lot of excuses. To create a better world, leave something behind that will remind total strangers of the future that we have lived? Yes of course a better future for our children, for all the children of the world. All a little selfish considering that most of us won't be remembered past a horses ass.

How do I feel about my death warrant? I'm thinking about it. I'll let you know.

No comments: